Using several short films this session addressed the challenges of economic renewal and new business opportunities in the light of the highest unemployment and worst economic outcomes of any state in Australia.
Short films were screened on:
- mountain bike development in Rotorua (TrailNotes) with entrepreneur, Gary Sullivan
- digital and start-up businesses (The StartUp Kids)
- the potential for urban renewal in Tasmania using the RENEW Newcastle experience, with the protagonist Marcus Westbury
Moderated by Owen Tilbury
1. Gary Sullivan, Rotorua based mountain bike and sportwear entrepreneur
2. Dale Cohen, General Manager, Digital Platforms and User Experience at Telstra (appearing in a personal capacity)
3. Rye Dunsmuir, General Manager, Design Tasmania and Design Centre, Launceston
4. Marcus Westbury, General Manager, Renew Australia
Tasmania Action Day was supported by The Examiner (and its Visions for Tasmania series) and by individual session partners, Northern Tasmania Development, MS Society of Tasmania, L.C.C., Dementia Tasmania, Glenview Community Services and UTAS.
View the Action Results from this session on The Examiner website.